Tuesday 8 September 2020

Kit Build/Review: 1/72 Kfz. 305, Opel Blitz Ambulance, Pt I



NB Another old post finally arrives. 'Tonight' was actually some time twixt Jan'-March!

Tonight I started a kit that's been in my stash for a couple of years at least. Somewhere along the line I seem to have discarded the box, save for a cut-out of the 'colour profiles' off the back of it. I think this is the Italeri kit, possibly formerly produced by Esci. 

Laying out the kit and tools, etc.

Step one, the chassis.

Step two, the cab (inc. glazing).

Blocking in interior colours.

At this point my photographic record, like the build itself, gets hazy. I know that I completed the cab, and started detailing the interior of the rear of the vehicle. Hopefully I'll locate the images, and come back with a second instalment on the build soon...

PS - In the interim, I've got hold of a modelling mag (Airfix Model World, Mar' 2016) in which a guy builds a 1/35 Maultier Ambulance. Although the chassis is rather different, the inner detailing of the ambulance should be a great help to me in completing the interior of my own much smaller model.

No comments:

Post a Comment