WWI Fighter Fun!
As I'm currently stumped by the rigging for my Langton 1/300 Dutch Gunboat, I was exploring methods for producing ropes and wires, etc. Although it's probably of no use re that particular kit, it being metal, resin and suchlike, I did watch some sprue-stretching videos on YouTube, as they came up when I googled various rigging related searches.
Next came the tail and twin machine guns. I painted the guns prior to cementing in place. This proved to be a redundant move, as you'll see in dew coarse.
Two pics of my various attempts to mask the pilot, ready for undercoating. Above, a portion of a plastic 'baggie'; below, some Tamiya masking tape. I went with the latter!
I didn't get very much done today - we were out mostly (& I bought an amazing book about building a model of HMS Victory at an antiques shop) - just painted the struts holding the wings together, and painted and assembled the landing gear. Still got decals, rigging, and detailing/weathering, etc. But she's looking like a proper WWI fighter now.
As the pic below shows, the underside of the model is quite rough! I did try and file smooth the main seam along the centre of the lower fuselage. And I also removed some plastic from the underside of the engine area behind the nose cowling.