Tuesday 2 October 2018

Technical Difficulties

Eh!? Not what I expected to see...

This post is on a different topic to my normal stuff. It's to do with Blogger itself, and how the software works (or doesn't). I've been battling weird formatting issues all the time I've been a blogger, from extra lines being introduced, creating unpredictable vertical spacing, to bob-uniformity ... Eh? (See what I'm up against?) That was meant to say non-uniformity... of font style, size or colour, etc.

The most recent bug-like weirdness concerns two older posts that I revisited, to re-format, because of the aforementioned issues. These are the ones on the Franklin Quatre Bras book, and Korolev's Retreat. Both of which have now jumped from their former positions deep in the back-catalogue of this blog, to the present (at the time of posting, naturally). 

From deep in the archives...

travelling through time...

I don't think this has happened before!? And I've had to reformat most if not all of my posts to some degree at one time or other. Does anyone have any idea why this should happen on this occasion? I usually 'google' such issues. But I can't face disappearing down that rabbit hole today, so I'm simply throwing it out here, instead, in case any of you fellow mini-military bloggers has had similar issues.

I can probably manually resolve each case, individually, by tinkering with the coding - as I do when clearing up formatting issues - but I'd rather not. I'd just rather the situation didn't arise to begin with...

... to the present.


No comments:

Post a Comment